[Vision2020] Barack Obama's Unity Speech Today in Philadelphia

pkraut at moscow.com pkraut at moscow.com
Wed Mar 19 15:58:25 PDT 2008

I couldn't agree more that those silly stupid remarks were dead on wrong
but that will not clear Obama either. Are you sure that repubs like those
leaders?? Or only some...OR is it only because the media like to link
them. Your assumption that republicans are stupid and agree with the
things they said is insulting. They said some silly things some time back
and have taken flack for them and now it is Wrights and Obamas turn. So,
are you defending the things Wright has said...or have you actually heard
them? I can tell you that I would like to put tape over the mouth of many
of the so called leaders you mentioned. And I would not defend Wright
either.

 > Pat --
>
> What I don't understand is how Republican leaders closely associated
> with presidential candidates can claim that the United States was
> founded to destroy Islam (Rod Parsley) or claim that gays caused 9/11
> (Pat Robertson), but when a Democrat's pastor makes unfounded claims
> about racism and 9/11, suddenly it's a scandal of Biblical proprtions.
>
> Obama disagrees. Yawn. Call me when there's a real problem.
>
> -- ACS
>
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM,  <pkraut at moscow.com> wrote:
> > When I hear all the things that his pastor has been saying and Obama
says
> >  he didn't know it nor agree with it but has gone to the church for 20
> >  years!! He is not being honest and he is in no way prepared to be the
> >  leader of the free world. The speech will go down in history with
all the
> >  other political speeches that are distortions and self-serving.
> >  >

> >  > I have never in my life been so proud of someone in public office
> >  before.
> >  > It was, for me, a church experience:  Truth spoken prophetically,
> >  without
> >  a> dornment, cowardice, or guile.  I believe it will be viewed with
the
> >  histor> ical and social significance of JFK's "ask not" speech.
Obama
> >  demonstrated>  a presence that I have not seen in 30 years as a
voter,
> >  but that well
> >  embo> died the spirit of Lucretia Mott, Mary McLeod Bethune,
Frederick