[Vision2020] Barack Obama's Unity Speech Today in Philadelphia

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Mar 19 13:53:24 PDT 2008

I have never in my life been so proud of someone in public office before.  It was, for me, a church experience:  Truth spoken prophetically, without adornment, cowardice, or guile.  I believe it will be viewed with the historical and social significance of JFK's "ask not" speech.  Obama demonstrated a presence that I have not seen in 30 years as a voter, but that well embodied the spirit of Lucretia Mott, Mary McLeod Bethune, Frederick Douglass, Wm. Lloyd Garrison, and George Fox.  Saints and heroes, all.

OK, Dale -- pile on.

Keely