[Vision2020] Satanism Was: Of, By

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 00:47:06 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Obviously, the elected representatives of this country did not believe as
> you state. Nor did President Eisenhower.

The "Under God" bit was added to address Cold War fears.  During the
1950s, communism == atheism.  It was suddenly seen as important to
inculcate all of our kiddies with respect for God so they wouldn't all
turn into evil Communists.

Either way, it's there, and I will not be campaigning for its removal.
 It is sort of an enduring, endearing reminder of McCarythism, maybe
even a verbal "historical landmark."

Chas