[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Church Urges Climate Change

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Mon Mar 10 20:22:12 PDT 2008

It is a mixed message.  I went to Baylor University, a Southern Baptist
institution.  In our science classes we studied evolution as fact, and there
was little I learned there that would have been contrary to scientific
understanding at any university in the 1950s.  Then a few years later the
President of the University called for all the professors to sign a
statement that stated each of them accepted the Bible as the inerrant word
of God.  I'm not sure the outcome of all that controversy, but I do know not
all of them signed, and ultimately the University went on to other issues
that forced a number of fine professors out--the drama department took a big
hit over the censorship of certain plays.

Sue H.

Sue H.