[Vision2020] Of, By & 4

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 17:35:12 PST 2008

If he was under my command, it would not bother me that he was an atheist. However, if he started organizing and placing seeds of doubt into other impressionable soldiers about their faith, I would have a serious problem with it while they are in combat and away from friends and family. If some young impressionable 18 or 19 year-old man is overseas, away from his family, church, community, friends, and has fellow are soldiers telling him he doesn't have God either, that could make a guy crack and do something unpredictable putting a mission in jeopardy.

  I think that soldiers should not be independent thinkers in a manner that could negatively impact their mission. If I felt any of my soldiers were attempting something I though was endangering a mission, I would take action, starting with talking with that solider and ordering him to clam up or I would ship him out.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
  Another scenario:

Suppose you are in the Army

Suppose you are a squad leader in a line unit stationed overseas.

Suppose you discovered that a newly assigned soldier in your squad is
an atheist.

Question, DA: Would discovering that this soldier is an atheist
adversely impact upon the types of orders, duties, or details you assign
to this soldier?

http://www.fsr.com/