[Vision2020] Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Mar 2 08:03:07 PST 2008

“Happy Birthday to You”
By Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
(March 2, 1904 – September 24, 1991)

I wish we could do what they do in Karroo.
They sure know how to say “Happy Birthday to You!”

In Karroo, every year, on the day you were born
They start the day right in the bright early morn
When the Birthday Honky-Honker hikes high up Mt. Zorn
And lets loose a big blast on the big Birthday Horn.
And the voice of the horn calls out loud as it plays:
“Wake Up! For today is your Day of all Days!”

Then, the moment the Horn’s happy honk-honk is heard,
Comes the fluttering flap-flap! And then comes THE BIRD!

The Great Birthday Bird!
And, so far as I know,
Karroo is the only place Birthday Birds grow.
The bird has a brain. He’s most beautifully brained
With the brainiest bird-brain that’s ever been trained.
He was trained by the most splendid Club ini this nation,
The Karroo Happy Birthday Asso-see-eye-ation.
And whether your name is Pete, Polly, or Paul,
When your birthday comes round, he’s in charge of it all.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom "I am who I am" Hansen