[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Dennis Avery & S. Fred Singer: Climate Science Frauds

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 18:06:59 PDT 2008

I just don't see them as being more or less equal, though.  As far as I
can tell empirically, God or the Creator or whatever appears to be made
up out of whole cloth.  In that way, it doesn't differ in any meaningful
way from the creation stories of other past cultures.  The Big Bang
theory, as unbelievable as it might be if someone told you what it was
and you'd never heard of it before, comes directly from observation and
evidence and the scientific method.  It could very likely be wrong in
some or all of it's claims.  It will take many more observations before
we'll know enough one way or the other.  But at least it's got some
backing in reality.

Anyway, we're looking at this from different perspectives.  I can see
how you might find them equal in terms of the suspension of disbelief
required to believe them.  I just think that to do so you're belittling
all the hard work that has gone into cosmology in the past century.

Paul