[Vision2020] Turning the other cheek

Kai Eiselein fotopro63 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 22:55:42 PDT 2008

In it's most simplistic meaning "turning the other cheek" can be taken to mean someting akin to forgiveness.
However, "turning the other cheek" can also be an extremely powerfull act of defiance.
Let's say someone slaps you as a way for trying to force you to submit. Rather than submit, you offer the other side of your face, in essence saying, "You can hurt me physically, but you cannot/will not break my will."
Remember, Jesus was acting in defiance of those in power.