[Vision2020] Dennis Avery & S. Fred Singer: Climate Science Frauds

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Thu Jun 26 09:26:07 PDT 2008

Pseudoscience frauds typically misuse and pervert real science for
their dishonest ends. For many years we have been assaulted by the
phony claims of so-called creation science, or, as they now call it,
"intelligent design." Moscow's own Scott Minnich is a good example of
this. I understand that the judge in the Dover ID trial actually
called him a liar. I have an entire book, published by the Institute
for Creation Science(!), of deliberate misquotations from reputable
scientists which make them appear to support this superstitious
pseudoscience. These frauds have no shame!

Ralph

Dennis Avery & S. Fred Singer: Climate Science Frauds

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 04:33:14 PDT 2008

I revealed that the global warming skeptic petition presented to
Vision2020
recently originated with misrepresentation, based on efforts from a
former president of the US National Academy of Sciences, Frederick Seitz
(and his associations with the the Oregon Institute of Science and
Medicine,
publishing junk science on climate change), who misused his prior
connections to NAS, forcing the NAS to issue a statement rejecting his
global warming petition with its misuse of their identity, and clearly
stating the NAS disagreed with the claims of this petition:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-June/054638.html
----------------
Consider S. Fred Singer, and Dennis Avery (of the Hudson Institute, a
blatantly political, not scientific institution), neither of whom are
climate scientists, offered as a credible source on climate science,
regarding the book, "Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1500 Years," and
other media or Internet campaigns, which was presented to Vision2020
as a
source for hundreds of published peer reviewed scientists who
disagree with
the claim that anthropogenic warming is a serious problem.  Here is the
source offered on Singer and Avery:
[rest snipped]