[Vision2020] Life on Bottom All Fun and Games

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jun 25 05:42:05 PDT 2008

>From today's (June 25, 2008) Spokesman Review -

Life on bottom all fun and games
By David Vobora

Editor's note: Former University of Idaho linebacker David Vobora, the
last pick in the NFL draft, has been dubbed Mr. Irrelevant and will be
feted this week with a variety of events in Southern California. Following
is Vobora's first report as Mr. Irrelevant:

Ladies and gentlemen it is my distinct honor and pleasure to have you join
me for an all-exclusive look into the fabulous life of the man with the
infamous title of Mr. Irrelevant. Now, where to start? Since the draft, my
life has been anything but normal. In the past three months my life has
carried around more buzz than an old woman who doesn't know her hearing
aid is all the way up. The media attention has been rather paparazzi-ish
and wonderful. Who would have thought being the last pick in the draft
could be so glamourous?

The life of Mr. Irrelevant XXXIII is not all fun and games ... oh wait,
yes it is! So without any more delay, I will stop trying to write a Nobel
prize-winning introduction because, let's be honest, not everyone can put
it together like Jim Meehan. I just hope Jim edits this and will make me
look good.

OK, I flew down to Newport Beach, Calif., on Sunday, where the pilot of
the plane announced my presence and I received a standing ovation. It was
a bit awkward to suddenly have the entire plane staring at you, but also
sweet. I was escorted to baggage claim where there was a giant "David
Vobora Mr. Irrelevant" sign and 20 screaming people wearing clothes and
hats that were exclusive Vobora "I-week" gear. I was able to meet the cast
of awesome people who amazingly put this thing together. I met the famous
Paul Salata, founder and head-honcho behind I-week. Paul may be the
funniest man I've ever met, and there will be many great stories on the
way.

While waiting outside baggage claim for my "shuttle," a jaw-dropping
million dollar burnt orange Lamborghini pulled up for yours truly. After
driving around Newport for about 30 minutes, I now felt what it was like
to go 130 mph in third gear (my apologies to any law enforcement people
reading this). ... Yeah, truly no words to even describe what it felt
like. Also, I might add that this car must have been installed with a
special device. ... I am not a mechanic, but I believe this particular
ride was equipped with a special magnet. What is the name of this magnet
you ask? It is a very special imported magnet entitled the "chick-magnet."
Magnificent! I should probably get one of these magnets installed in my mo-
ped or something. … Anyway, I am getting yelled at because I've got to be
on time with my date at Disneyland today. ... I am sorry I couldn't get
through more at this point. ... I've got the entire welcoming party and
some other amazing stuff as soon as I make it back to my computer! Stay
glued to the blog and the excitement will grip you!

Seeya at Farmers' Market, Moscow.

Take care, Vandals.

Came a tribe from the north brave and bold . . .

"Here We Have Idaho"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/HWHI.mp3

"I-D-A-H-O Idaho Idaho Go Go Go"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Vandals.mp3