[Vision2020] WikiPedia as a Legitimate Source

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 21:52:25 PDT 2008

Some of you question the legitimacy and accuracy of Wikipedia.

I understand that for years past. However, I challenge anyone to find any serious errors of fact on WikiPedia today. I personally don't find many entrances into Wikipedia to be anymore inaccurate then the Encyclopedia Britannica or my college and high school text books which are wroth with errors in them.

Wikipedia is swarmed and maintained by thousands of fact nerds obsessed with 100% accurancy. Not anybody can post to and change Wikipedia, because you have to sign up to edit, and if you put bad information the other users will shut you out. In addition, most idiots cannot figure out how to contribute to Wikipedia.

Wikipedia also has citations listed that can checked, unlike other sources of information, such as text books and the encyclopedia.

That being said, you should always have at least three independent sources when trying to stress a particular contested fact.

Best Regards,

Donovan