[Vision2020] U of I search committee announced

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 12:10:31 PDT 2008

>From the Statesman, via Vandal Venue.  Looks like a strong group of University of Idaho and north Idaho people will be involved.....
Panel named to search for new University of Idaho president

16-member panel was named Thursday by the State Board of Education to
search for candidates to replace Tim White as University of Idaho
president.That panel is expected to take up to nine months to find
three to five finalist for the State Board of Education to consider for
the job.The search panel includes north Idaho board members Paul
Agidius and Sue Thilo. It also includes community members and U of I
faculty and administrators.White will leave U of I at the end of this month to become University of California Riverside chancellor.Steven
Daley-Laursen, University of Idaho's College of Natural Resources dean,
was named interim U of I president earlier this month by the State
Board of Education until a permanent president is hired.Search committee members include:* Katherine Aiken: Dean, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, University of Idaho* Rich Allen: community member, McCall, Idaho* Thomas Bitterwolf: U of I chemistry professor* Bill Gilbert Jr.: chairman, University of Idaho Foundation* Karen Guilfoyle: U of I education professor and Faculty council chair* Jim Hawkins: Former Department of Commerce, and former U of I Foundation president* Garrett Holbrook: U of I student body president* Shawn Keough:  State Senator, R-Sandpoint* Paul Kimmell: Community Member, Avista Corporation* Tom Limbaugh: U of I Alumni Association president* Chris Meyer: Education director, Coeur d’Alene Tribes.* Matt Powell: Associate Director Aquaculture Research Institute, Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station.* Rob Spear: U of I athletic director, University of Idaho* Robert Smith: Professor Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department at U of I in Idaho Falls.