[Vision2020] real slavery?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jun 12 14:33:40 PDT 2008

First, I said that what Williams said was "stupid, beyond grotesque . . . "  I trust that Gary understands the difference between that and my calling the man himself "stupid, beyond grotesque . . ."  I trust also that Gary doesn't much care, but I do.  Williams may really be stupid, but it's not for me to make that call, and I didn't.

Second, it doesn't require a degree or professional expertise in economics, history, or taxation to point out Williams' lamentable comparison.  That such a comparison is the fruit of a degree and professional expertise isn't my problem.

Third, I am no more nor any less a "spokeswoman" for my faith than anyone else.  But in my housewifely ignorance of taxation and economics, I do know a bit about the Bible.  Thus, between floor-moppings, I do find myself defending, without apology, the distortion of Christian teaching seen here.  Guess what?  I will 'til my dying day.

Fourth, I kinda prefer "Ms. Keely Emerine Mix," and "housewife" doesn't really do it for me -- at least, not without the "bored, strident, bon-bon eating" modifier.  Still, I'm privileged to be an at-home mom and trust that other moms are accorded a bit more respect from Gary than I am.  Gosh, I have nice kids AND the laundry's all done.  From my perspective, life's good.

Keely