[Vision2020] real slavery?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 12 11:52:00 PDT 2008

Keely -

I was thinking of saying something earlier about Courtney's ignorance, but
then I thought . . .

Why expose Courtney as the ignoramus he so eagerly strives to be, when he
is accomplishing this beyond expectations all by himself.

Besides, if I were to criticise mumblings from blight-mind, this may only
result in more chining from . . .

The Whinery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh0t4ArhXiQ

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)

> My nomination for "Most Offensive, Outlandish, Insensitive, Inaccurate
and
> Divisive" post of the month is yet again from Courtney's Right-Mind blog,
w> herein he features Walter Williams, an African-American libertarian
conserv> ative, commenting that real slavery still exists today.

> No, not the women of Sudan, or the women of the FLDS, and not immigrant
chi> ldren in U.S. cities, nor poor men and women in Third World nations
through> out the world.  The truly enslaved are, to Williams, Courtney,
and other
fo> aming libertarians, the American Workers.  Yes, Williams
calls "slavery"
th> e government's tax claim on the income of the American worker.  This
"slave> " apparenlty toils from January to the end of April every year to
satisfy
t> he State's thirst for providing social service programs -- some
"Christian">  libertarians call this "theft" -- and inflating an ever-
bloated war
machin> e brought about, curiously, by a "conservative" President.  This
is the
rea> l slavery of history, Williams asserts, and Courtney, ever one to
gild the
> rotting lilly, tags the post with another mocking slam of Moscow's
liberals> , those of us who protested "slavery" in 2004 in light of the
pompous
melan> ge of stupidity and horrid judgment that is "Southern Slavery as it
Was."
> Boy, he's just dying to see us repent and come to his side, where men are
m> en, slaves are his kind, and liberals are . . . well, withering in a
haze
o> f daft posturing and naivete.

> To equate the American wage earner as a victim of slavery, and a victim
jus> t as "owned" and exploited as the African slave of the Southern
States, is
> beyond stupid, beyond grotesque, beyond insensitive, and beyond belief --
a> lmost.  But since this covenant head and chosen one of God has found his
ho> me in a theology that rationalizes inaction in addressing racism,
injustice> , and poverty and rests in the presumed "laziness" of the poor -
- see his
p> astor's blog on the Proverbs, poverty, and laziness -- I guess it's not
too>  surprising.  What is surprising, what continues to puzzle me, is how
Dale
> and his buddies manage to find anything at all appealing in the person
and
> work of Jesus Christ.  They've constructed a patriarchal palace
buttressed
> by dubious theology and alliance with the hyper-free market secular world
t> hat constitutes something that may be a religion, but is nothing like
the
C> hristianity of the Bible.  But Jesus -- he doesn't change, he can't be
tamp> ered with, and he embodies those things that our covenant
libertarians
seem>  to find truly offensive.  The attraction escapes me . . .

> It's disgusting, and I apologize yet again for this sinful
misrepresentatio> n of How Christians View Slavery, the State, and
Injustice.

> Keely

> Now you can invite friends from Facebook and other groups to join you on
Wi> ndows Live™ Messenger. Add now.
> https://www.invite2messenger.net/im/?source=TXT_EML_WLH_AddNow_Now>

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)