[Vision2020] Interim U-I President

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 15:01:38 PDT 2008

Andreas,

  Why not put a bonus in the contract if they fill the term out. If they don't, no bonus. They do it to many different workers, why not the next UI President?

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  Donovan --

You could put a liquidated damages clause in the employment contract,
but demanding specific performance of an employment contract won't fly
anywhere in the United States.

-- ACS

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Donovan Arnold
wrote:
> I have a question. Why not prevent the previous president from leaving
> before we get a new one? We could put a clause on the contract to ensure
> this doesn't happen. It seems silly to keep doing this over and over. How
> many presidents and Interim presidents has UI had since 2003?
>
> "B. J. Swanson" wrote:
>
> Late this afternoon, the State Board of Education named Steven Daley-Laursen
> the interim President of the University of Idaho. Steven was the Dean of
> the College of Natural Resources. An excellent choice.
>
> B. J. Swanson

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
> http://www.fsr.net
> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com