[Vision2020] June snow?

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Tue Jun 10 09:29:33 PDT 2008

Good Morning Visionaries:

I remember several times it snowing June but not sticking.  My garden
on Taylor Ave. also froze on a July 4th weekend, but my lot is one of
the lowest on the street.  I drain both water and cold air from the
ridge overlooking the town.

Nick Gier

At 09:22 AM 6/10/2008, you wrote:
>It snowed in the Spokane area in early July, oh, must've been somewhere
>around '85 or '86 I guess.
>I was at a company picnic and the water in the lake was warmer than the air
>temp.
>I've also seen it snow on my birthday, in mid-August, in Montana.

"Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to
human affairs."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Abstract truth has no value unless it incarnates in human beings who
represent it, by proving their readiness to die for it."
  --Mohandas Gandhi

"Modern physics has taught us that the nature of any system cannot be
discovered by dividing it into its component parts and studying each
part by itself. . . .We must keep our attention fixed on the whole
and on the interconnection between the parts. The same is true of our
intellectual life. It is impossible to make a clear cut between
science, religion, and art. The whole is never equal simply to the
sum of its various parts." --Max Planck

Nicholas F. Gier
Professor Emeritus, Department of Philosophy, University of Idaho
1037 Colt Rd., Moscow, ID 83843
http://www.home.roadrunner.com/~nickgier/home.htm
208-882-9212/FAX 885-8950
President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
http://www.roadrunner.com/~nickgier/ift.htm