[Vision2020] [Vandal] Mens' Journal's Best Places to Live

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jun 4 17:03:38 PDT 2008

My mistake, Visionaires.

Durham, North Carolina is NOT the home of the University of North Carolina
Tarheels, but is the befitting zip code of the Duke University Blue Devils
(one can only imagine how Duke acquired such a mascot).

My apologies to the Viz and my appreciation to the Visionaire who
pleasantly corrected me off list.

Tom Hansen
Vandalville (Moscow), Idaho

> With thanks to Carl Westberg and Mens' Journal . . .
>
> The Mens' Journal's Best Places to Live
> http://www.mensjournal.com/feature/Harrison/bestplaces.html
>
> You will notice, with special attention, that our very own Moscow placed
> within the top five college towns, just below Durham, North Carolina
(home
> of the UNC Tarheels) and ahead of Madison, Wisconsin (home of the UW
> Badgers) and Missoula, Montana (home of . . . you know).
>
> The qualifications for even being considered for placement on such an
> esteemed list:
>
> "The beauty of college towns is that they often have well-educated
> residents, a vibrant arts scene, affordable housing, and a cool
commercial
> district. In winning its spot on MJ's Best Places to Live list,
> bloomington shows off some of the finest examples of each, plus plenty
of
> surrounding green space."
>
> Seeya round town, Moscow.
>
> Take care, Vandals.
>
> Tom Hansen
> Moscow, Idaho
> UI '96
>
> Came a tribe from the north brave and bold . . .
>
> "Here We Have Idaho"
> http://www.tomandrodna.com/HWHI.mp3
>
> "I-D-A-H-O Idaho Idaho Go Go Go"
> http://www.tomandrodna.com/Vandals.mp3

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)