[Vision2020] Upton Sinclair's Novel "There Will Be Blood" Also A

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Thu Jul 31 18:37:05 PDT 2008

I agree with your mom...not about the sexual relations, but I hardly count
Paris Hilton as one whose success came about because of drive, talent, or
much else originating with her.    However, I was hoping to read something
about "There Will Be Blood."  I can't find where this subject originated and
I was wondering how many people liked the movie.  I expected to.  I enjoyed
the Sinclair novel, OIL on which it was based when I read it years ago.
But I didn't care for the movie even though I do believe Daniel Day Lewis
gave an outstanding performance and probably deserved an Academy Award.    I
wanted Tommy Lee Jones to win for NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.

SueH