[Vision2020] HR 1108, Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jul 31 05:59:16 PDT 2008

Greetings Visionaires -

Remember last Sunday when I posted an email, subject: Is the Bush
Administration Blowing Smoke, with an article by Bob Schieffer informing
us that the House of Representatives is going to vote this week on
providing the Food and Drug Administration power to regulate the tobacco
industry?

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-July/055099.html

I closed out that email with a simple rhetorical question:

"Any bets on how Idaho's Rep. Bill Sali will vote?"

Well, HR 1108 came to a vote yesterday and . . .

HR 1108 - Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (To protect
the public health by providing the Food and Drug Administration with
certain authority to regulate tobacco products)

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc110/h1108_ih.xml

The final vote:

Ayes - 326
Nays - 102
No Vote - 6

Idaho's Bill Sali voted against this bill and against the health of our
children.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes.xpd?person=412201

Keep Idaho green and healthy.  Vote "NO" on Sali in November.

Seeya at Farmers' Market, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)