[Vision2020] Huxley's "Brave New World" Online, In Total

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 23:08:50 PDT 2008

http://www.huxley.net/bnw/sixteen.html

          The Savage was silent for a little. "All the same," he insisted
obstinately, "*Othello's* good, *Othello's* better than those feelies."

 "Of course it is," the Controller agreed. "But that's the price we have to
pay for stability. You've got to choose between happiness and what people
used to call high art. We've sacrificed the high art. We have the feelies
and the scent organ instead."

 "But they don't mean anything."

 "They mean themselves; they mean a lot of agreeable sensations to the
audience."

 "But they're … they're told by an idiot."