[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: The Nation, 6/30/08

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 20:38:57 PDT 2008

It's not always that easy.  Some people actually learn, albeit the hard
way.  So giving someone money and having them blow it sometimes teaches
them a little bit about how to budget effectively.  If you've never had
any, it's easy to lose track of it.  If you're not very good at math,
it's easy to find out how little money that huge sum you thought you had
actually was.

Granted, there are those who never seem to learn.  That's true
everywhere.  I just don't think it's a natural law that wealthy people
deserve their wealth and poor people deserve their debt.  How many
wealthy people could climb their way back to the top if you took away
the money?  How many of them inherited their wealth and have no idea how
to gain it back?  The fact that some do doesn't mean they all could.

I need to rent Trading Places again.

Paul