[Vision2020] [Bulk] in a better world ...

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 15:11:18 PDT 2008

Does he have a white cat that he pets while laughing maniacally?

Seriously, how plausible do you think that scenario is?  The worst I see
happening is we get a few more libertarians on the city council, a few
more stores become owned by members of the Kirk, and Trinity Fest
doubles in size.

Keely is free to do her own blog.  I even respect her for caring about
something enough to  blog about it.  I just think you're all going about
this the wrong way.  You're making Doug Wilson into Dr. Evil or Ernst
Blofeld or whatever crazy mad villain you like best.

I don't see the signs that should be worrying me here.  I don't see a
compound where only Christ Church members can live in such a way that
they are kept away from their families.  I don't see them stockpiling
guns and ammo and running drills like the crazy Montanans do.  I don't
see anybody forced to give up more than the 10% of their wages other
religions demand of their followers.  I don't see anyone refusing
medical help for their children, dressing funny, or protesting
businesses.   I don't even see any crazy beliefs that aren't any crazier
than any other Christian beliefs that stem from a too-literal
interpretation of the Bible.

Whether or not they are misinterpreting the Bible, I have no idea.  But
I think that most of us in Moscow are free from their evil clutches.

Besides which, as I understand it, they are actually free to believe
whatever nonsense they're currently spouting.

Paul