[Vision2020] Info Regarding Political Signs

Mark Seman fcs at moscow.com
Mon Jul 21 18:05:26 PDT 2008

V2020

I would rather pose the question, "Should there be an ordinance against
political signs?"  Especially as it is written.  To wit:
9-2-2-c-1,2,4(a,b&c).

"Junk" vehicles can be similar "nuisances", but the lexicon of speech should
be recognized as being beyond only verbal utterances.  It can include art,
political signs, bumper stickers, billboards, protest, party, any activity -
however routine or unique.

When community tastes become ordained by the gov., then also has a social
disconnect been initiated.  I will await patiently, the call for removal of
bumper stickers from my junk car.

Why not have informal public (community) petition to recognize the character
of the junk and beseech resolution.  Therein can initiate dialogue and
understanding...but it takes time & effort.

Mark