[Vision2020] Info Regarding Political Signs

Kai Eiselein, Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Mon Jul 21 14:11:10 PDT 2008

Don,
The mere fact that there is a law on the books that restricts a freedom
guaranteed by the Constitution damages us all. It trivializes our First
Amendment guarantee, on private property no less.
Title 7, Chapter 6, Section 6-4 of the city code states it is misdemeanor to
violate the sign law, in essence making political speech a crime.
In addition, the ordinance apparently allows for confiscation of property
without due process.
I can do without the threat of warrantless search and seizure and a
government that tells me when I can, or can't, express my opinion. It
doesn't matter whether it is at the local, state or federal level.