[Vision2020] interrogation

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Wed Jul 16 09:15:19 PDT 2008

Hi Roger,

You have asked about techniques that I would approve.  I would
suggest the Army Field Manual.

The bill requiring that the CIA abide by this manual was vetoed by
the President.  You must know that John McCain voted against it, even
though previously he said that water boarding was torture.

In a previous post you said that you would defer to McCain, and I
would hope that would be the straight-talking McCain not the
meandering McCain who is now the GOP candidate.

Nick

t 07:14 AM 7/16/2008, you wrote:
>Roger,
>
>No.  I'm not going to pretend that I can create a list of
>methods.  But were I to make a list, I would not include torture.  I
>wouldn't try to pretend techniques we once knew were torture are now
>OK because we want to use them.
>
>Sunil
>
> > Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:50:01 -0700
> > From: lfalen at turbonet.com
> > To: vision2020 at moscow.com
> > Subject: [Vision2020] interrogation
> >
> > Sunil
> > Would you give a list of some of the interrogation methods or
> procedures that you would sanction against prisoners of or
> terrorists that might have valuable information.
> > Roger

> > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> > http://www.fsr.net
> > mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com
>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to
human affairs."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Abstract truth has no value unless it incarnates in human beings who
represent it, by proving their readiness to die for it."
  --Mohandas Gandhi

"Modern physics has taught us that the nature of any system cannot be
discovered by dividing it into its component parts and studying each
part by itself. . . .We must keep our attention fixed on the whole
and on the interconnection between the parts. The same is true of our
intellectual life. It is impossible to make a clear cut between
science, religion, and art. The whole is never equal simply to the
sum of its various parts." --Max Planck

Nicholas F. Gier
Professor Emeritus, Department of Philosophy, University of Idaho
1037 Colt Rd., Moscow, ID 83843
http://www.home.roadrunner.com/~nickgier/home.htm
208-882-9212/FAX 885-8950
President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
http://www.roadrunner.com/~nickgier/ift.htm