[Vision2020] interrogation

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 10:56:21 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 09:50, lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:

> Would you give a list of some of the interrogation methods or procedures that you would sanction against prisoners of or terrorists that might have valuable information.

http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/media/etn/2008/alert/313/index.htm

Excerpt (from the mouth of former interrogators, with, collectively,
over 350 years experience):

We believe:

1. Non-coercive, traditional, rapport-based interviewing approaches
provide the best possibility for obtaining accurate and complete
intelligence.

2. Torture and other inhumane and abusive interview techniques are
unlawful, ineffective and counterproductive. We reject them
unconditionally.

3. The use of torture and other inhumane and abusive treatment results
in false and misleading information, loss of critical intelligence,
and has caused serious damage to the reputation and standing of the
United States. The use of such techniques also facilitates enemy
recruitment, misdirects or wastes scarce resources, and deprives the
United States of the standing to demand humane treatment of captured
Americans.

4. There must be a single well-defined standard of conduct across all
U.S. agencies to govern the detention and interrogation of people
anywhere in U.S. custody, consistent with our values as a nation.

5. There is no conflict between adhering to our nation's essential
values, including respect for inherent human dignity, and our ability
to obtain the information we need to protect the nation.

Chas