[Vision2020] [Bulk] The Cost of Gas Locally

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 18:06:02 PDT 2008

I've read that oil speculation is supposedly a good thing, because it
evens out the transitions.  Basically, the price goes up faster than it
normally would, but over a longer period of time.  Instead of cruising
along until the supply runs out and you hit a spike, you will have a
smoother curve up to that point.  This will, hopefully, provide the
impetus to change over to other energy sources in time to meet the need.

I'm not an economist.  Maybe someone who knows more about this can
address this?

Paul