[Vision2020] Texas Oil Tycoon "Pickens Plan" To Get US Off Oil

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 15:30:32 PDT 2008

T. Boone Pickens, billionaire Texas oil tycoon, is using his considerable
resources to run ads on televised media to push his plan for massive US
alternative energy roll out, claiming in ten years we can cut foreign oil
imports by one third.  I wonder what coal industry tycoons think about
this... Also the promoters of more domestic off shore and ANWAR oil
drilling, given that even with Pickens insider knowledge of the oil
industry, he does not promote drilling for more oil as the best approach to
reduce foreign oil dependence, asserting "The simple truth is that cheap and
easy oil is gone."  I have listened to Pickens on C-Span on a discussion
panel about energy issues, and he indicated he takes the climate change
threat seriously.  Obviously, drilling for more oil is not a solution to the
climate change crisis.

Comments below from his web site for his plan:

http://www.pickensplan.com/about/

America is addicted to foreign oil.

It's an addiction that threatens our economy, our environment and our
national security. It touches every part of our daily lives and ties our
hands as a nation and a people.

The addiction has worsened for decades and now it's reached a point of
crisis.
--------------------
http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/

Building new wind generation facilities and better utilizing our natural gas
resources can replace more than one-third of our foreign oil imports in 10
years. But it will take leadership.

On January 20th, 2009, a new President will take office.

We're organizing behind the Pickens Plan now to ensure our voices will be
heard by the next administration.

Together we can raise a call for change and set a new course for America's
energy future in the first hundred days of the new presidency — breaking the
hammerlock of foreign oil and building a new domestic energy future for
America with a focus on sustainability.

You can start changing America's future today by supporting the Pickens
Plan. Join now <http://push.pickensplan.com/>.