[Vision2020] FW: Say What?

Levi Cavener lcavener at vandals.uidaho.edu
Fri Jul 11 21:37:29 PDT 2008

~Esto Perpetua

Levi Cavener

(208) 409-3410

From: lcavener at vandals.uidaho.edu
To: sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Say What?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:30:10 -0700

Speaking of people not knowing where Idaho is...

I once worked for DirecTV as an account representative over the phone.  A customer called and I asked him what I could help him out with.  Before I could even finish my greeting he told me that he was sick and tired of talking to "@#$%^%$ outsourced Indians that were stealing all the American jobs and demanded to be transferred to an American as it was his duty as an American and to the stars and stripes to do his part to stop outsourcing by speaking only to an American.  I told him that I was an American (born and raised here in Idaho, and no accent that I know of, although I was once told I sounded like Bruce Willis) and he asked where I lived.  I told him in Idaho.  He replied by laughing and cursing me at the same time that there was no such place in America and if I was going to lie to people I should study my geography first.  When I tried to assure him that we were actually one of the stars on the flag he asked what city.  When I told him the name Boise he told me I should at least try to make up an English sounding name and hung up.  I agreed with him on one point; it should be an Americans duty to know their geography, even those unpopulated large states like Idaho.

~Esto Perpetua

Levi Cavener