[Vision2020] Wilson buddy on egalitarianism

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Jul 11 15:11:40 PDT 2008

>From Blog and Mablog, quoting Wilson buddy and fellow Federal Vision devotee Steve Schlissel . . .

"Egalitarianism, the prevailing and acceptable religion of our
generation, teaches not a love of equals but a hatred of superiors"
(Steve Schlissel, Christian Culture in a Multicultural Age, p. 146)

Now, let's ponder this for a moment.  I know who's my neighbor.  I know who is, or would be, my boss.  I can identify who is my legislator, governor, etc., and I know who my elders are, both in ecclesiology and in age.

But who is my, or your, or anyone's, "superiors"?

And if egalitarians such as myself call for men and women to have equal access to all roles in society, church, and the home, who is it, exactly, that we "hate" by doing so?

My, what passes for scholarship these days . . .

Keely