[Vision2020] Woman Arrested at McCain Event for "McCain=Bush" Sign

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:38:56 PDT 2008

In the words of George Bush, "The hate us for our freedoms."

>From Majikthise at:

http://tinyurl.com/6hrx88

A 61-year-old librarian was ejected from an ostensibly public McCain campaign event at the Denver Center of Performing Arts in Denver, CO on June 7 because she was brandishing a deadly memetic weapon: a hand-lettered sign that read "McCain=Bush."
Carol Kreck was standing outside the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, on city property. Ms. Kreck objected that she was standing on city property. She was lead away by a police office and ticketed for trespassing.

AsThinkProgress notes: "McCain has apparently taken a page from the Bush playbook. In 2005, the White House had three activists expelled from a Denver public forum with President Bush because it was the administration’s policy “to exclude potentially disruptive guests from Bush’s appearances nationwide.”"

Update: A commenter asks how I know Kreck was arrested. About 1:03 into the video, she asks whether she is being arrested. The police officer escorting her answers "yes."

Video of the arrest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lyaMrS0hzk

Seeya round town, Moscow.