[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Simple Song of Freedom

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 19:23:35 PDT 2008

Doing a quick tally of my freedoms now compared to before 9/11, I'm
coming up short.  What freedoms did we gain that offset the ones that
have been lost?  What did we gain, for example, that offsets the illegal
wiretaps?  Or the the no-fly lists?  Or the signing statements?  Or the
increased power of the Executive Branch?  Or the Patriot Act?  Or the
routine use of torture on _suspected_ terrorists?  Or the renditions?
What am I forgetting?

I'd prefer we got the hell out of Iraq and put our considerable
resources into finding Bin Laden and tracking down the actual terrorists
involved in 9/11.  I'd like us to do this while actually staying within
the rule of law, and try keeping the high ground for once.

Paul