[Vision2020] In praise of YakTrax

Robert Dickow dickow at uidaho.edu
Wed Jan 30 15:21:22 PST 2008

Testimonial:

Yes, yaktrax are indeed wonderful. You can walk with impunity on icy
pavement. However, when you enter a building with linoleum floors, you might
as well be on roller skates, and if the floor has carpeting, you'll snag it
all over the place, so you need to yank the YakTrax on  and off often, but
they're worth the effort. They are also great conversation pieces. I wore
them today over my snow boots. And, I firmly believe that their coils of
spring wire over the rubber framework dramatically improve AM and FM radio
reception while trekking around Moscow.

Last week I managed to fall down in the ice up on Taylor street. The second
fall that same week was in my bedroom, tripping over a box of books. In
NEITHER case was I wearing my YakTrax. Let that be a lesson to us all.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker