[Vision2020] Contractors

pkraut at moscow.com pkraut at moscow.com
Tue Jan 29 14:49:14 PST 2008

I am going to respond...not that I believe you really care but I do care
about our young people and what they are learning.
Yes, I like the idea of 'chain gang' labor. Too many of our young people
are left with the idea that the system will take care of them and they
are left with no work ethic. They didn't learn it at home and they are
not getting it from a system that is afraid of being sued by someone who
got their feelings hurt by having to actually work. They are sent into
the world seeking all the help with no idea how to just do it themselves.
The bible sayes that those who won't work don't eat and I think in our
efforts to give we forget that they need to know how to work. On the
other hand 'if you don't have the time, don't do the crime'!

> Pat, would you prefer that we "do things like that" again, somehow, if
it
m> eans causing harm to young people?
> You seem angry that care and concern are shown to vulnerable people,
and I
> know you're a Christian.  How does that work in you?  I'm not trying to
sla> m you.  I'm trying to understand you.

> Take care,
> Keely
>

> > To: vision2020 at mail-gw.fsr.net
> > From: pkraut at moscow.com
> > Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:07:44 +0000
> > Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Contractors
> >
> > You cannot do that to the poor darlings on probation. You'll hurt
their
> > feelings and we are not allowed to do things like that anymore.
> >
> > > In Couer d' Alene, if the walks aren't cleared by 9:00 am, and kept
> > clear,
> > > the city will do it, and fine the property owner $100.00. If the
fine
> > isn't
> > > paid, it is attached as a lien on their property.
> > >
> > > Put the kids on probation to work. It is a tangible way to know
they
> > have
> > > completed the job. If the snow hasn't been removed, the job isn't
done.

> > > I respectfully disagree with you, Matt. The buck stops with the
owner
> > of the
> > > property. Why should I get injured due to the neglance of a
property
> > owner?
> > > Taking care of the sidewalks is part of the responsibility of being
> > > property owner.
> > >
> > > Also, Matt, I appreciate your gracious offer to shovel my walks
last
> > week...
> > > *smile* I don't have any sidewalks, other than a short three foot
walk>
> > > the gravel alley.
> > >
> > > Janesta

> > we

> > ask.
> > can't do

County

> >  List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >                http://www.fsr.net
> >           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

> Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.
> http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?
ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_0120> 08>