[Vision2020] Book reviews

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Jan 29 11:35:13 PST 2008

I was just going to sit down with a couple of recommendations of my own.

First, "Uncle Tom's Cabin," as I mentioned earlier and about which I'll write again very soon.  Second, a new book by British geopoliticist Nick Solly Margaren called "The War on Terror:  How Should Christians Respond?" Astonishingly -- she said sarcastically -- he takes the words of Jesus literally, even for the state, even in times of war.  It's a sobering challenge to believers and well worth checking out, since it's hard to get an idea of what a "Christian" response to war and geopolitical struggle would look like by seeing what Christians are doing now in the name of God.

Keely