[Vision2020] How Could Anyone Support That Woman?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 19:28:40 PST 2008

Roger,

  I agree that a one on one Hillary Vs. Romney, Romney could win. However, Romney and Hillary nominations would leave a huge gap in the middle that someone like Bloomberg would run independently and take. This would favor Hillary and give her a wide electoral victory.

  A McCain or Obama nomination would stem off any legitimate third party candidate because they both appeal to the political center, where most voters are politically.

  I don't agree with the rebates either. I think that is most likely a mistake. I think we should invest in jobs, not in give aways. We should remove people in this country working illegally from their jobs and require employers to hire US Citizens.

  We should lower are corporate tax to be competitive world wide. I also think we should put more of the burden of services under the control and responsibility of local and state governments.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:
  Donovan
I disagree that McCain is the only Republican that can stop Hillary. I think that Romney can. I like a lot of things about McCain. He has been one of the strongest voces in support of the surge. A lot of his other positions are not vary conservative. Both him and Huckabee could result in a third party try by Ron Paul.This would insure a win by either Hilllary or Obama. Don't get my wrong there is a lot about Paul that I like on the domestic front. He is dead wrong on foreign policy however. I would like to see someone come out against the rebates. This is all just campaigning by both parties. To administer the rebate would be costly to administer in addition to the cost of the rebate per se. It would do nothing for the economy. A permanent tax cut would simulate the economy. Some incentives to business would also help. There should not be a bailout for financial institutions that have made bad loans or for those that have received them. Those that have been financially
 responsible
should not have to pay for the bad judgement of those that have not. I get vey disgusted when I hear adds that say "Bad credit, no problem, we will give you a loan." I do not want to bail these people out.
Anyone can have a temporary financial problem. Through hard work they can overcome it. My son lost his job last spring. His wife went back to work at a bullet factory. She then was able it go back to work for the University Extension Service. She in now the County Agent at Shoshone. My son took a temporary job with Flying J as a janitor. He is now the Night Production Supervisor for Mcains. We helped them get through the rough spots. The have since paid us back.
Roger