[Vision2020] Another Sunny Day in Moscow

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Fri Jan 25 09:20:44 PST 2008

I also remember that day. I was in Mexico for the first time. In
Mexico City, the headline in the city's largest newspaper, Excelsior,
exclaimed: -40 grados en Moscú, Idaho! For those who are not
bilingual, -40 is the same in both C and F.

Ralph Nielsen

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:49:35 PST 2008

I remember that day well, although my memory has always told me it
was 52 below.  Regardless, it was a tad chilly.  Thought I'd step
outside to see what that was like, and my lungs immediately refused
to work, as I turned gasping for air back into the house.  There was
also a ton of snow, which all melted in a nice flood within a week.
That was fun.   Carl Westberg Jr.

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:32:11 -0800
From: starbliss at gmail.com

All-

December 30, 1968, Moscow hits 42 below zero F.  Compared to this, we
are in a heat wave:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/83843?climoMonth=12

Ted Moffett