[Vision2020] The Real 'Inconvenient Truth': Climate Change Skeptic "Science"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:05:03 PST 2008

All-

For the skeptics regarding the claim that anthropogenic mostly CO2
emission related climate change is a major threat, based on well
established scientific principles and evidence, you will find support
at the following web site:

http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/index.html
-----------------
It would take a group of scientists with numerous PhDs., in various
fields of climate science, to sort through all the assertions at this
web page.  I find it ironic that the web site claims to be debunking
"junk science," while presenting an obviously biased "scientific" case
for the minimization of the impacts of anthropogenic CO2 emissions.
No effort is made, that I found, to allow any IPCC scientist, who has
published peer reviewed articles on related climate science issues, to
respond in depth to the criticisms presented regarding the IPCC
consensus that anthropogenic climate change is a increasing and
serious problem, based on CO2 emissions.

That there are serious objections to the slant of this "article," that
thousands of climate scientists would certainly raise, based on
hundreds of peer reviewed articles published in the most well
respected scientific journals, presenting evidence for anthropogenic
climate change, is certain.  And thus I conclude that the most
generous view of this web page's overall slant that the IPCC is not
scientifically sound in it's consensus conclusions on CO2 related
anthropogenic climate change, is skepticism of their skepticism.  A
less generous view is that this is irresponsible fraudulent "junk
science," coming from a web site claiming to debunk "junk science."

And who authored this web page?  We are left to guess...unless I
missed it. The anthropogenic climate change skeptic's darling, MIT
meteorologist Richard Lindzen, is referenced, a scientist who is known
to avoid engaging in public debate with some of world's best climate
scientists, who take issue with many of his claims.

However, below is info on who is behind this web site, though I doubt
he authored the web page on climate science under discussion.  Given
Milloy's orientation toward promoting "free markets," it is no
surprise he is promoting the skeptics view of anthropogenic climate
change.  As Eugene Linden, author of "Winds of Change," one of the
best books available for the public presenting climate science and
climate impacts on previous civilizations, commented, "global warming
is a libertarian nightmare:"

http://www.junkscience.com/Junkman.html

Steven J. Milloy is: the founder and publisher of JunkScience.com and
CSRwatch.com ; an investment adviser to the Free Enterprise Action
Fund ; and a columnist for FoxNews.com .

Mr. Milloy holds a B.A. in Natural Sciences from the Johns Hopkins
University, a Master of Health Sciences in Biostatistics from the
Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, a Juris
Doctorate from the University of Baltimore, and a Master of Laws from
the Georgetown University Law Center.

Mr. Milloy is a frequent advocate for free enterprise/free market
principles and policies in conjunction with the Free Enterprise Action
Fund (FEAOX) and the Free Enterprise Education Institute (FEEI). FEAOX
is a publicly-traded mutual fund that owns a diversified portfolio of
the stock of companies in the S&P 500. FEEI is a not-for-profit
organization that is supported by individuals, foundations and
businesses.