[Vision2020] Banned From Church

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Jan 19 13:23:29 PST 2008

Legally, what churches call "church discipline" -- the specific exclusion of one former member from church activities as punishment for sin -- doesn't seem enforceable unless the congregant signed an official membership contract, I'd imagine.  I don't know of any church that considers its membership agreement to be a binding legal document.

Frankly, I wish more American churches were full of congregants who questioned their pastor's teachings if found to be objectionable.  It would be a refreshing change from merely bitching about chorus vs. hymns or pews vs. chairs.

Keely