[Vision2020] Terrific News

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Thu Jan 17 20:09:55 PST 2008

The Moscow Central Lions Club, which recently replaced the playground
apparatus at Lion's Park (Phase I replaced most of the playground
apparatus next to Latah County Fair grounds) is pleased to announce
that it has almost completed funding for Phase II of the project.

Thanks to a $10,000 contribution from Moscow's WalMart and its
Associates, the Lions Club members will be able to launch Phase II
later this spring or early summer.

Last summer, over 100 local residents turned out to help construct
Phase I.  The club plans to invite community members to participate
in the completion of Phase II.  Details about the generous grant from
WalMart and the efforts of Lion's members will be covered in local
press this weekend.  Details about the construction date for Phase II
will be announced later in the spring.

Special thanks are due to John Farbo, whose tireless efforts to
prepare and submit grant proposals in support the Playground remodel
have been central to it's success.

Also, special thanks to WalMart associates for awarding the funds in
support of this project.  Thanks for supporting our kids!