[Vision2020] Black History Month

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 16 13:48:03 PST 2008

" it reflects the truth from a person that lived it."

Cleaver lived it by being a self confessed serial rapist, a kidnapper, a thief, drug abuser, and attempted (and, almost certainly, actual) murderer. He was also a traitor who, while evading justice in Algeria, lived the truth by accepting money from the North Vietnamese for propaganda purposes while we were at war with them.  When you accept your "truth" from sources such as this, it's little wonder your, shall we say, relaxed attitude toward meeting your obligations is what it is.

Stowe, born in Connecticut the daughter of a preacher, "lived it" by listening to, and reading accounts of the Africans plight in the south. At no time did she reside there. She was never a member of a family that held slaves and, of course, she was never a slave herself. The closest she ever got to actual slavery was to briefly live in Cincinnati, OH. across the Ohio river from slave state Kentucky. That said, her perspective was invaluable and her motives of the highest order. You would do better to look to Harriet for your "truth."

P.S. I'll bet it puckered your sphincter when your well refrigerated "soul" mate found Jesus in his later years and embraced the Republican party. (Not that the party wanted much to do with him, thank goodness)