[Vision2020] Black History Month

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 16 06:10:56 PST 2008

Thank you for reminding us, keely, and very well stated.

I would also like to recommend a book, a more contemporary look at Black
America, a book that I am currently reading for the umpteenth time . . .

"Soul on Ice" by Eldridge Cleaver

I realize that this book may lack the "good 'ol boy" appeal of such local
publications as "Black and Tan". But, like "Uncle Tom's Cabin"  and the
autobiography of Frederick Douglass, it reflects the truth from a person
that lived it.

I do strongly urge our fellow Visionaires to indulge and commit themselves
to read these books and dare to reflect on what life must have been like for
these Americans, because as Gil Scott-Heron so appropriately emphasized . .
.

"The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Poetry/Revolution.mp3

Seeya round town, Moscow.