[Vision2020] Chas's Plan for Moscow Was: Will MoscowsupportHawkins sprawl-mall?

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:11:44 PST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 11:43 AM, Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:

> "4. Build a huge roof over this entire area."

I'm actually quite serious.  Hasn't anybody ever been to one of those
covered outdoor malls in Europe?  They are covered with some sort of
semi-transparent material -- I'm uncertain whether it is plastic or
glass -- so the sun still shines through, and it is absolutely lovely.
 Fresh air, sunshine, but still protection from most of the inclement
weather.  Trees aren't removed.  The glass/plastic usually seems to be
tinted a soothing green.  Heck, I've been in supermarkets in England
where the builders couldn't interfere with existing trees or streams,
so these natural features were preserved within attractive courtyards.
 If the English can do it, so can we.

Chas