[Vision2020] NFL Playoffs

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jan 13 17:40:14 PST 2008

The NFL playoffs are winding down to the conference championship games next
weekend.

Final scores this weekend

American Football Conference (AFC):

New England Patriots - 31
Jacksonville Jaguars - 20

Indianapolis Colts - 24
San Diego Chargers - 28

-------------------------

National Football Conference (NFC):

Green Bay Packers - 42
Seattle Seahawks - 20

Dallas Cowboys - 17
New York Giants - 21

With the New York Giants' (as 10-point underdogs) victory over the Dallas
Cowboys, I have two words to pass on to Brett Favre, the Packers, and the
city of Green Bay . . .

"Eli's Coming" (Eli Manning, that is)
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Elis_coming.mp3

Instead of selecting winners, I will predict the losers.  After all, you
can't have winners without losers, right?

AFC Championship:  The San Diego Chargers will lose to the New England
Patriots 17-41.

NFC Championship:  The Green Bay Packers will lose to the New York Giants
24-27.

This should provide me one last opportunity to play Three Dog Night's "Eli's
Coming" prior to the New York Giants' loss to the New England Patriots in
overtime 27-33 at Super Bowl XLII being played February 3, 2008 at the
University of Phoenix Stadium.  That's right, the University of Phoenix
Stadium, a university that consists of a stadium and no campus.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If I wanted to overhear every tedious scrap of brain static rattling around
in your head, I'd read your blog."

- Bill Maher