[Vision2020] Week 2 Legislative Update from Rep. Trail

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jan 11 15:22:32 PST 2008

Greetings All -

In regards to Rep. Trail's legislative update, specifically items #1 and #2,
let me see if I understand this correctly.

The Idaho state legislature refuses to eliminate the grocery tax, thus
curtailing this tax relief from those Idahoans that so desperately need it,
the poor.

Yet, this same legislature finds it appropriate . . . no . . . beneficial to
unhesitatingly eliminate the Business Personal Property Tax, resulting in
increased real property taxes.

This ought to increase gun sales in rural Idaho.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Politicians are like diapers.  They should be changed frequently and for
the same reason."

- Robin Williams