[Vision2020] Love Letters to Moscow

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jan 11 12:49:55 PST 2008

>From today's (January 11, 2008) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Sue
Scott -

Bring back Linda Pall's column

Several years ago, between terms, Linda Pall had an ongoing column in the
Daily News. She basically wrote "love letters to Moscow," and included her
visions for future quality of life here.

They continued through part of her next term then discontinued because of a
potential for perceived conflict of interest. I truly enjoyed her
enthusiastic commentaries, and always felt they were a great testament to
"why we love living in Moscow." Her columns were always upbeat and positive.

If she would be willing, please bring her back.

Sue Scott, Moscow

How about it, Linda?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything
it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. . . . It
really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And
the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more."

- Erica Jong from "How to Save Your Own Life"