[Vision2020] spam text messages

Bev Bafus bevbafus at verizon.net
Fri Jan 11 06:47:42 PST 2008

Hi everyone.

This doesn't really relate to Moscow specifically, but thought I'd throw
this out and see if others have experienced what we have lately.

We have recently received spam text messages to our Verizon cell phones.
These are fairly graphic text messages, with invitations to porno web sites.

Of course, you can't block text messages unless you block everyone.  I
called Verizon, and they said to reply to the message simply with "stop".  I
tried this, but of course, the sender has blocked text messages.

I have to pay $.35 for every received message, and I'll be darned if I'm
going to pay the $10 a month for unlimited, just to receive junk.

Text spam is supposed to be illegal, but what does one do?

Thanks
Bev