[Vision2020] RenFair poster contest

Bill London london at moscow.com
Wed Jan 9 14:58:27 PST 2008

The Moscow Renaissance Fair is proud to announce our 35th annual Poster Contest! The contest is open to everyone: children, teens, adults, amateur and professional artists, working in media to include, but not limited to: pencil, pen & ink, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, oil paint, photography and digital imaging.

Applications may be picked up at BookPeople at 512 N. Main St. in Moscow, or downloaded at: www.moscowrenfair.org.  All posters submitted for the contest must comply with the guidelines supplied on the application.

Posters are due to BookPeople no later than noon on Saturday, February 23. Public judging of finalists begins at 2pm on Saturday, February 23rd at BookPeople.

The first prize winner will have their work featured as the 2008 Moscow Renaissance Fair Poster and will receive a $200 award. The second prize winner will have their work featured on the 2008 Moscow Renaissance Fair Program and will receive a $100 award.

Artists are responsible for claiming their entries no later than March 1st. After this date, unclaimed artwork left at BookPeople will be recycled.

The fair encourages all artists, young and old to participate in this fun, community event! We look forward to seeing the wide variety of interpretations of fair themes, as well as the vast talent of the local Idaho arts community.

We would also be delighted if you would join us for the unveiling of the winning posters and the premier of the Moscow Renaissance Fair Documentary on Thursday, April 10, 7:00 pm at the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre. We look forward to seeing you there!