[Vision2020] Iowa caucus stuff

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jan 3 18:31:09 PST 2008

Huckabee has taken the Iowa Republican caucus by a clear margin over Romney.
Thompson has come in at a weak third.  Ron Paul, at a very distant fourth,
isn't even on the same map as Huckabee, Romney, and Thompson.

Concerning the Democratic caucus, the lead changes constantly between Obama,
Edwards, and Clinton (all stabilizing right around 32% with no more than ten
votes between first and third).  The fact that the three leading candidates
account for 96% to 97% of the delegates (with 3% to 4% spread over the
remainder of the field), coupled with the 15-percent rule (where a candidate
must carry a minimum of 15% of the delegates or relinquish his/her delegates
to other candidates), makes this Iowa Democrat Caucus a very, very close
call.  Although MSNBC has just predicted Obama will win.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"I'll just speak for our church, in Christ Church.  If I found out that a
member of our church or a church officer was lying to non-believers in the
community, as a way to get by or protect themself or protect his reputation,
yes, he'd be disciplined."

- Doug Wilson (January 31, 2007)

  _____