[Vision2020] William F Buckley Jr.

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Feb 28 15:27:54 PST 2008

Buckley threatens to punch Chomsky in the face
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEIrZO069Kg

Seeya round town, Moscow.

> Ted
> I hadn't heard that about Chomskey. He  did threaten to punch Gore
Vidal, after Vidal
called hiim a Nazzi. He imediatly regreted it.
> Roger

Chomsky's
> > film, "Manufacturing Consent."
> >
> > Having said that, I miss "Firing Line," and I respected Buckley's
principled
> > and eloquent conservatism.  He publicly stated that the Iraq War was a
> > failed policy, and opposed the war on drugs.  Many think these
positions are
> > "left wing."  Yet I think that both the Iraq War and the war on drugs
> > promote a "liberal" big government/big spending approach, that should
> > inspire intense skepticism from anyone who advocates a general policy
that
> > big government intrusive tax payer burdening solutions to problems are
to be
> > avoided if possible.
> >
> > I'm surprised by how many so called conservatives continue to insist
that
> > the invasion of Iraq was not a mistake, as the costs of the Iraq
occupation
> > climb hundreds of billions upon hundreds of billions of dollars, and
world
> > wide terrorism continues, in part inspired by hatred of the USA,
> > for occupying Islamic nations.
> >
> > William F. Buckley writing on the Iraq War at URL below:
> >
> > http://www.nationalreview.com/buckley/buckley200602241451.asp
> >
> > CIA Bin Laden analyst Michael Scheuer on YouTube regarding Ron Paul's
wise
> > foreign policy views on the war on terror:
> >
> > CIA Michael Scheuer Binladin Expert: Only Ron Paul Gets It
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOqXdbe7CVM
> >
> > ------------------------
> > Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

> > > morning at 82.
> > >
> > > I love William F. Buckley, but do you really think that he is such an
> > > American icon that he merits flags at half-mast?
> > >
> > > I wonder, is there any official, designating criterion for this
honor?

> > > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> > > serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
> > >               http://www.fsr.net
> > >          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)